Monday, September 6, 2010

OUR RESIDENTS GARDEN





As I write it is a grey day with the rain bucketing down. And there is a chill in the air. Altogether not a bright Monday. But I came across these few photos by Paul which I thought I would share with you.

They are of our estate's garden which up to this year was a lawn with some trees. This spring we decided to use the skills of a newly qualified landscape architect who suggested planting a native wildflower garden. This was the result in summer. Isn't it just beautiful and most unusual at the entrance to a residential estate. I thought it was particularly wonderful on a breezy day when the flowers all nodded their heads at us and the air was full of hovering bees and butterflies.

Luke Byrne was the designer and planter - beautiful job.

10 comments:

  1. A picture paints a thousand words... What a lovely scene. And it is so natural! Well done Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics Barbara and especialy beautiful on a day like today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An award awaits you at Inkpots n' Quills. Stop by and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous garden, what a lovely view! And congrats on the award :) I just popped over from Ann's

    http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Luke it looks terrific! Big future ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures Barbara, it looks like it's in the middle of the country:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very jealous of your wild flower garden. Especially as I tried to do a meadow this year and got a lot of beautiful grasses and a lot of ugly weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos - its so unusual to have a meadow on an estate so much nicer than a shorn green. It looks so peaceful, I love wildflowers...just realised I havent seen a primrose for years, you've inspired me to buy some seeds

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love wildflowers. I had too places that needed something, one in the sun one in the shade. So I found a sack of wildflower seeds and two years later i have a beautiful replenishing gardens there. I love how he planted it in a wave among the grass. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the nice comments. I just thought I would share our neighbourhood garden with you all!! I just wish my own garden looked as good!

    But our wildflowers were so beautiful through the summer. The residents will be taking a vote shortly on whether we do the same thing for next year. Think some of our older neighbours prefer a more traditional and conservative planting scheme!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!